PressCam 8 Junior
The PressCam 8 Junior is a resolver-based press automation controller that incorporates a programmable cam limit switch (PLS), timed-based brake monitor, servo feed control, four counters, and a die protection system The PressCam 8 Junior is controlled by a 16-bit computer that constantly checks the resolver for accuracy. 100 job memory.
The PressCam 8 Junior is a resolver-based press automation controller
that incorporates a programmable cam limit switch, timed-based brake
monitor, servo feed control, four counters, and a die protection system.
The PressCam 8 Junior is controlled by a 16-bit computer that constantly
checks the resolver for accuracy.
The PressCam 8 Junior has a keypad, menu, cursor buttons (for easy
navigation and operation), and a four line (20 characters each line)
vacuum fluorescent display for easy viewing purposes.
A “RUN/PROG” keyswitch is also provided where, while in the “RUN”
mode, you are not able to alter any parameter or job change. The “RUN”
mode only allows the user to clear counters and reset die sensor faults.
In the PROG mode, the Die Faults do not open up the fault relays which
allows for die setups. All other faults will cause the fault relays to open.
If the password feature is enabled, you must first enter in the three digit
password in order to pass into the PROG mode to allow parameter
• All six Limit Switch Outputs can be set to cycle (non-timed) two times per crank rotation by setting an open / close
• The last three outputs can be set for timed, non-timed, delayed, and hold or cycled two times per crank revolution.
• Major faults such as E-Stop, motion, brake, and sensor faults are handled by two force-guided relays (Form B Safety
• The six outputs are small, high-speed, high-capacity relays.
• Brake and die sensor inputs are optically coupled and can be either AC or DC (sourcing or sinking).
• Up to 100 Jobs can be saved using a nonvolatile memory chip. The memory chip is removable for ease of transfer.
Each Job Number stores a name and/or number up to 7 characters for easy identification.
• Built-in Brake Monitor will issue a warning when the programmed warning time is exceeded and will issue a failure
signal when programmed stop time is exceeded.
• True Motion Detection system checks for lack of motion (Motion Fault) and unintended motion (Drift Fault).
• SPM Indicator (Strokes per Minute).
• Crank angle shown graphically and in large numbers.
• Speed compensation of user selected outputs.
• Servo feed interface.
• Stroke, Batch, Quality, and Part Counters to keep track of operation.
• Password and/or Supervisory Controlled Selector Switch to prevent altering of parameters, except for the counters.
• PCLink to allow offline job creation and storage.
• Built‑in 90º and 270º stop time tester.
The heavy duty brushless resolver transducer replaces the current mechanical
rotary cam switch. This unit was designed for hostile industrial environments such as punch press mechanical shock and vibration, extreme temperature and humidity, oil, coolant, and lubrication mists.
The resolver transducer features excellent repeatability and gives absolute
shaft position feedback. High speed operation along with long transducer cable (runs up to 600 feet/183m) give the resolver transducer wide application ranges. The resolver transducer is a passive device which contains no sensitive electronics and has superb noise immunity.
The resolver mounts easily to an end of a crankshaft and can rotate
clockwise or counter-clockwise. Simple connector ended transducer cabling
is supplied to connect the resolver to the PressCam 8 Junior controller console. The PressCam 8 Junior’s microprocessor-based control constantly monitors the resolver position and displays both the angular position of the shaft and speed of the machine (tachometer). 3/4” (19 mm) resolver shaft diameter.
The PressCam 8 Junior is a resolver-based press automation controller that incorporates a programmable cam limit switch, timed-based brake monitor, servo feed control, four counters, and a die protection system The PressCam 8 Junior is controlled by a 16-bit computer that constantly checks the resolver for accuracy.
PressCam 8 Junior (all styles, Front panel & Stand alone). Includes resolver and cable
1. Specify Mounting Style
F ……… Front Panel Mounting to be installed in an existing control panel.
C ……… Stand alone NEMA12 enclosure
2. Specify Controller input power
1 ………. 24VDC
2 ………. 120VAC 50-60Hz
3 ……….. 240VAC 50-60Hz
3. Specify Clutch/Brake Valve Voltage
1 ………. 24VDC
2 ………. 120VAC 50-60Hz
4. Resolver Connector Cabling
30’ (9m) of cable with connectors is supplied standard. If additional length is needed, specify in
feet, 150’ (46m) maximum.
(For Custom Programming & Remote Field Upgrades, please consult factory at email@example.com or (630) 443-9320.)
30-012 24vdc @ 2.2A power supply (90-260vac In) 3.9” L x 3.8” W x 1.4” H (99.1mm x 96.5mm x 35.6mm)
for powering die protection sensors or other auxiliary devices
REPLACEMENT PARTS LISTING
11-157 Panel Mount (with gasket)
11-158 Metal Box enclosure (with gasket)
11-160 Aluminum Shield cover for computer board
18-008 Vacuum fluorescent display (must be factory installed)
20-022 1A Slo-Blo nano SMF fuse
20-023 5A Fuse (white nano)
26-084 Graphic overlay skin
32-002 Output Relay (black G6B-1174P)
32-006 Output Relay (black G6B-2114P)
32-101 4 pole 12 VDC (clear KACO safety relay)
35-065 EEPROM Job memory chip (100 jobs)
39-084 RUN/PROG keyswitch, key, and cable
45-020 Resolver cable (30’) with connectors
52-205 Junior computer board (with job memory)
52-206 Junior Power supply / Relay output board (with relays and fuses)
52-227 Resolver unit (no cable) (formerly 40-003)
PressCam 8 Junior shown
installed in a stand alone
NEMA 12 (IP64) lockable
PressCam 8 Junior
Front Panel Mount
For OSHA and ANSI Compliant Clutch/Brake Press Controls, please see the PressCommander.